Monday, January 18, 2010

THOUGHTS FOR THE NEW YEAR!

THOUGHTS FOR THE NEW YEAR!


I give thanks to God. By His miracle, I have managed to balance between work and bringing up my five lovely children. They are fine children. I give all glory to God. It has always been their Heavenly Father who has guided them, loved them and nurtured them.


“Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”


I watched closely as I walk with God. He is love, compassion, grace and mercy. He is Almighty, Holy, Glorious. He has given me His best! I am overwhelmed – so unworthy yet loved, forgiven and reconciled to Him. Will this love ever slip from my heart?


No! I have to teach them to my children when I sit at home and when I walk along the road, when I lie down and when I get up. “Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. Serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you. For the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding.”


I did not do much except teach them what God instructed. I pray that God will give them faith and obedience so that they will not depart from His Word - the lamp to their feet and a light to their path.

“For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, but to give you hope and a future.”


Indeed, these five children are Yours. Thank you for your plans to prosper them and not to harm them but to give them hope and a future. Your word comforts me and I’ll keep it in my heart. What a wonderful thought to start this new year!


A happy and blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment